Best Coccyx Orthopedic Pillow in India
Coccyx Orthopedic pillows are designed to provide relief from sciatica pain, which is caused by nerve irritation and/or compression. Although the pain originates in the lower back, it can radiate down into the hips and legs.
Coccyx orthopedic pillows, with an ergonomic u-shaped design, force the body into the correct posture and reduce pressure from the tailbone and lower back.
Lately, these pillows are being used by office workers who need to sit for long periods of time. With its ergonomic design, coccyx pillows reduce pressure from the lower back and enable you to work for longer periods of time without experiencing back pain.
Sleepsia Orthopedic Coccyx Pillow
With a unique design that focuses on relieving pressure from the lower back, Sleepsia’s orthopedic coccyx pillow can provide relief to people who usually sit for a long amount of time or who suffer from sciatica pain.
Here are the best qualities of this pillow:
- Ergonomic Design: With a u-shaped design, this pillow alleviates pressure from the tailbone (coccyx) and provides relief from lower back pain.
- Memory foam: High-density memory foam molds according to the shape of your body and provides firm and consistent support even if you change positions frequently.
- Non-slip design: With a non-slip bottom and mesh design that keeps it cool, you’ll enjoy a comfortable experience while driving in your car or working in your office.
- Durable: When it comes to durability, memory foam, by retaining its shape throughout its life span, delivers. Generally, this pillow can last you for more than 5 years.
By helping you in maintaining proper posture when sitting down, Sleepsia coccyx orthopedic pillow can help with the following health conditions:
- Coccyx pain
- Spinal misalignment
- Herniated disc
Since Sleepsia coccyx orthopedic pillow is light, you can carry it with you wherever you go.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is defined by pain and numbness along the path followed by the sciatic nerve. Here are the main characteristics of sciatica:
- Pain: Sometimes a burning sensation and on other times a sharp shooting pain, sciatica affects the lower back and can cause pain to radiate down into the buttocks and legs.
- Numbness: Apart from pain, many people suffering from sciatica have reported feeling numbness, tingling, and weakness in the legs.
- Only on one-side: sciatica symptoms generally present only on one side: left or right. In rare cases, both legs may be affected.
Sciatica pain may be exaggerated by certain postures such as:
- Sitting down on a chair
- Trying to stand up fast
- Lying down
- Bending forward
Reasons for Sciatica
Primarily, sciatica is caused by irritation and/or compression of the sciatic nerve. Here are some common conditions that can induce sciatic pain:
- Muscle injury and spasm
- Herniated lumbar disc
- Degenerative disc disorder
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Spinal tumor
In most cases, sciatica develops over time. Most commonly, it is a result of physical work that requires people to lift heavy objects. Not taking care of form or lifting with your back bent can lead to bulging discs, which often results in sciatica.
If you have other symptoms such as bowel or bladder dysfunction or weakness in the legs, then get in touch with a health expert immediately.
Treatment for Sciatica
Sciatica treatment depends on two factors: severity and chronicity.
While acute sciatica, which lasts for 4-6 weeks, heals quickly with physical therapy, chronic sciatica, which lasts for more than 8 weeks, requires more focused medical treatment.
Physical therapy for sciatica includes:
- Core strengthening exercises
- Strengthening abdomen, gluts, and lower back muscles
- Stretching hip flexors and hamstrings
- Light aerobic exercises for decreasing weight
Cases in which the patient suffers from severe pain may require medication and rarely surgery.
Lower back pain from medical conditions such as sciatica can last for a long time and negatively affect your quality of life. Although the pain may be unbearable sometimes, you need to make good and informed lifestyle choices, such as purchasing a coccyx orthopedic pillow, in order to live a pain-free and happy life.
Q. Does this pillow contain memory foam?
A. Yes. This pillow has premium quality memory foam, which can last for many years. Further, this high-density memory foam is firm and provides good support.
Q. When I set on this pillow, will it slip when I move around?
A. This pillow has a non-slip design which keeps it glued to a single place while you’re sitting on it.
Q. Can I wash this pillow?
A. You can wash the outer velvet cover of this pillow; however, you cannot wash the memory foam pillow.