The Best Cervical Pillow for Side Sleepers
Sleep is essential for health and relaxation, but it can often be difficult to get a good night’s sleep on your side due to the pillow you use. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best cervical pillows for side sleepers, based on our research.
What Is A Cervical Pillow?
A cervical pillow is a type of pillow designed to be used for those who sleep on their side. It is made from a soft, pliable material and is filled with air or foam. It is placed between the sleeper’s neck and the mattress to provide support and comfort.
The cervical pillow can also be used to alleviate pressure on the neck and spinal cord. Some people find it helpful when they are recovering from surgery or have other medical conditions that require them to take pain medication regularly.
There are many different types of cervical pillows on the market, so it is important to select one that is comfortable for you. Some of the factors you may want to consider include the size and shape of the pillow, the materials it is made from, and its price.
If you are looking for a good orthopedic cervical pillow, we recommend checking out our top picks below.
Benefits Of Using A Cervical Pillow
A cervical pillow is a great way to help side sleepers get a good night’s sleep. Here are the benefits of using one:
1. Cervical pillows can help relieve neck pain and pressure.
2. They can also improve breathing and circulation, making them beneficial for people with neck or spinal problems.
3. By elevating your head and neck, cervical pillow can promote better alignment of your spine, which can in turn reduce pain and improve function.
4. Finally, cervical pillows can reduce snoring and provide relief from headaches and tension headaches.
Types Of Cervical Pillows
There are many types of cervical pillows, so it can be hard to decide which one is the best for you. Here are the different types of cervical pillows and what they are good for:
Traditional cervical pillow:
Traditional cervical pillows are designed to keep your head and neck in a neutral position while you sleep. They’re usually used by people who sleep on their side because they provide better support than other types of pillows.
Foam cervical pillow:
Foam cervical pillows are a popular option because they’re comfortable and don’t take up much space. They’re also good for people who have trouble sleeping flat on their back or who want to reduce pressure on their neck.
Memory foam cervical pillow:
Memory foam cervical pillow are similar to foam cervical pillows, but they have more support and contouring. This makes them better suited for people who want extra support while they sleep.
Cervical pillow with a cover:
Some cervical pillows come with a cover that can be removed and washed. This is especially useful if you have allergies or are sensitive to fabric materials.
Cervical neck pillow:
A cervical neck pillow is designed to relieve pressure on your neck while you sleep. It’s usually made from soft materials, like memory foam or shredded foam, and it has a built-in support system.
A cervical wedge is a type of cervical pillow that helps you sleep in a more upright position. It provides extra support and helps to keep your head and neck in a neutral position.
How To Choose The Best Cervical Pillow For Side Sleepers
Choosing the right cervical memory foam pillow can make a big difference in your sleep quality. Not only will it support your neck and head while you sleep, but it can also help you avoid neck pain and headaches. Here are five tips to help you choose the best cervical pillow for side sleepers:
1. Look for a pillow that is designed specifically for side sleepers. This means that it will be wider at the base than at the head, which will help distribute your weight more evenly.
2. Consider the size of your head and neck. Most cervical pillows are designed to fit a person’s head and neck measurements, so be sure to take these into account when shopping.
3. It is important to find a pillow that supports your head and neck evenly. Some side sleepers prefer pillows with more memory or firmness, while others prefer softer pillows that conform to their heads. Try several different types of pillows to find the one that works best for you.
4. Choose a pillow that is comfortable and supports your neck well. A good way to test whether a pillow is comfortable is to lie down on it and try to fall asleep within minutes. If it takes more than30 minutes for you to fall asleep, the pillow may not be comfortable.
5. Consider your sleeping habits. Some side sleepers prefer to rest their heads on one side only, while others may sleep with their head and neck on either side. Make sure to find a pillow that supports both positions.
If you are a side sleeper, you know that finding the perfect pillow can be difficult. Many side sleepers find that using a orthopedic pillow is the best solution for them because it helps to keep their head and neck aligned while they sleep. However, not all cervical pillows are created equal, so it is important to read reviews before making a purchase. We also recommend checking out our selection of cervical pillows to see if any fit your specific needs.